My Adventures With Moo And Noodle

My Adventures With Moo And Noodle
Raising two boys, baking fabulous cupcakes, creating amazing meals for my family and making memories every day! Welcome to my crazy life!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Is Finally Here

Ok. I know it has been way too long since I posted anything. I am soooo sorry. Life has been a little more than crazy over here lately. My littlest man is starting to walk and my big little man is constantly exploring and running everywhere. Life is changing and my kids are growing so fast.
That is why I love fall. It's that time of the year when everything starts changing and we all get to take the time to slow down and give thanks for the blessings in our lives. It's also that time of the year when some of my favorite fruits and veggies are harvested. I don't think I have mentioned how much I love pumpkin! But who doesn't!!
My husband decided to grow pumpkins in our garden this year. We have never grown them before, but I was so excited to experiment with fun ways to incorporate them into our diet and introduce them to my kids. My kids love muffins, so I thought I would start there.
Today I thought I would try to make Fall Harvest Muffins. I wanted to try to sneak in a few extra fruits and veggies to my kids and still make something yummy and kid friendly. I used honey crisp apples, carrots and half of a pumpkin from our own garden. These were so yummy. Both of my boys devoured them and my husband even loved them. Here is the recipe. I hope your family loves them as much as my own. Happy Fall!

Fall Harvest Muffins
Serves: 12 Yields:12
Units: US | Metric

1 egg
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup melted margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (more or less to taste)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup diced apples (used honey crisp)
1 cup diced raw pumpkin

Directions:
1. Beat egg lightly in large bowl.
2. Add orange juice, margarine, vanilla and sugar, beat well.
3. Sift together dry ingredients.
4. Stir into egg mixture, mix only till moistened.
5. Gently fold in carrots, apples and pumpkin
6. Spoon into well greased muffin pans about 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
8. Enjoy!!!! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment