My Adventures With Moo And Noodle

My Adventures With Moo And Noodle
Raising two boys, baking fabulous cupcakes, creating amazing meals for my family and making memories every day! Welcome to my crazy life!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pizza For Breakfast?!? Of Course!!

I know what you're thinking. "I already eat pizza for breakfast. There's nothing better than pizza the next day." Well, that is of course true, and as much as I love cold, left over, stuffed crust pizza for breakfast, I wanted to make something that was more breakfast and less last night's dinner.
I had made quiche for a friend's baby shower the weekend before and mini pizzas for dinner a few days earlier and I had extra ingredients for both. So I thought, what the heck, I was going to combine them. I was so happy that it turned out amazing. It was just what I was craving!!
It is definitely different, and you have to keep an open mind when you try it. I loved it and I hope you do too.

Pizza Quiche

What You Need:
1 9" pie crust (store bought is fine)
8 large eggs
1/8 cup milk
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
8 - 12 Tbsp pizza sauce
1 1/2 - 2 cups ground (and browned) hot Italian sausage
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large green bell pepper (I used a purple bell pepper) diced

What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Spray a pie dish with nonstick spray
3. Place pie crust in pie dish
4. Spread pizza sauce evenly on pie crust
5. Put sausage, peppers and cheese evenly in pie crust
6. Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper
7. Pour eggs over filling
8. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until crust is golden and quiche is firm
9. Enjoy

Note:
You can use any pizza toppings you like as filling. This just happened to be what I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment