My Adventures With Moo And Noodle

My Adventures With Moo And Noodle
Raising two boys, baking fabulous cupcakes, creating amazing meals for my family and making memories every day! Welcome to my crazy life!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Quick Trip To The Farm

Now that I'm a parent, I love taking my boys to places I used to visit when I was growing up. There is something very nostalgic and magical about reliving childhood memories through the eyes of your own kids. One of the many blessings of staying in the town I grew up in is that I get to take my kids to places like this frequently.
One of my favorite local places to take the boys for a quick breath of fresh air and a mini adventure is Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark, CA. It wasn't always called by that name though. When I was younger, it was known as Pony Pals. It was a great little place, amongst the other little mom and pop Moorpark farms, where you could see different farm animals and ride ponies. It was always very fun. I don't really remember if they had a farm stand or not (though I'm sure they did at one point or another), but it was just like being on a real farm for me.
It had been several years since I had spent a day at the farm, when we took our oldest son there for the first time, almost a year ago. The name had changed and the property had expanded, but it was still the same country charm in the middle of suburbia that I had always remembered. Of course, they still had ponies and farm animals of all kinds. My son loved them and seeing his eyes light up made my heart melt. They have an array of rides and other attractions as well (I will have so many more farm stories to share about all the fun in store in the future), but their top billed attraction is their Pick Your Own Produce.
Needless to say, Underwood Family Farms has so much to offer for fresh family fun and our family has taken full advantage of their frequent visit punch card. We go there not just to play, but also to get our weekly produce. There is nothing better than picking your own fresh from the earth fruits and veggies. Plus, my boys get to play outside for a little while and help with choosing what yummy treats we take home that week. So, when I needed some veggies for a salad today, guess where we went? I packed my boys up and off we went to the farm!
My oldest son is a strawberry fiend and this is the perfect time of the year to pick buckets of beautiful red strawberries. In addition to the two boxes of strawberries we picked (plus the ten or so that Moo ate in the field), we brought home a cucumber, a few beets, a couple heads of lettuce and several purple bell peppers. Now that I had all of the veggies I needed, my lunch was going to be complete with the salad I had been craving all week. I'm not going to lie, it was yummy!
Today was just a quick veggie run and a mini adventure. We will have many, many more adventures at Underwood Family Farms. We love this place and I can't recommend it more!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment