My Adventures With Moo And Noodle

My Adventures With Moo And Noodle
Raising two boys, baking fabulous cupcakes, creating amazing meals for my family and making memories every day! Welcome to my crazy life!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas PJ Breakfast And Eggnog Muffins

I love Christmas time! I really do! I love it even more now that I have kids to share it with. There is nothing like seeing the sparkle in their eyes and the joy on their faces as they wonder at all the magic of the holidays. And I love to celebrate a little bit every day.
My boys have been wearing Christmas PJs for a month now, and of course I had them dressed in their Santa jammies again last night! To stay in the Christmas spirit, I turned on an old Disney Christmas VHS and made them a special breakfast this morning. One of the many joys of staying home with them everyday. I love being able to whip up something fancy and special for breakfast, no reason, any day of the week. Today, I gave one of my favorite muffin recipes a makeover and added a little Christmas flare to it. I think these Eggnog Muffins are going to be a new holiday tradition for us. I hope your family loves them too.
Eggnog Muffins
Yields 12

What You Need:

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup eggnog

1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon all spice 
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

What You Do:

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease medium muffin cups
2. Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and the egg throughly in large bowl. 
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with eggnog. Add more or less eggnog as needed. Consistency should be smooth but not too wet. 
4. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Fill 2/3 way full. 
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
7.  Roll hot muffins immediately in melted butter, then in sugar-cinnamon mixture. 
8.Serve hot and enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment