My Adventures With Moo And Noodle

My Adventures With Moo And Noodle
Raising two boys, baking fabulous cupcakes, creating amazing meals for my family and making memories every day! Welcome to my crazy life!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Raspberry Vanilla Vodka Cupcake Dream

I have the best mommy ever!!! She knows me so well!!! There is this store in her state that sells AMAZING coffee and she was kind enough to include a pound just for me in a care package she sent my kiddos not too long ago. Let me tell you!!! It was soooooo good!! Mind blowingly good!!! Raspberry Vanilla Vodka Infused Coffee!! Holy cow!! It was like a party in my mug!! Then I added whipped cream vodka to that party one night and it became a wild party!
While enjoying my morning mug of bliss (sans vodka) and watching my kids play one morning, I had a stroke of genius. I need to put this stuff into some cupcakes!!! So, thanks mom! Thanks for sending me a pound of pure inspiration!!

Raspberry Vanilla Vodka Coffee Cupcakes
Yields 12

What You Need:

Cupcakes:
• 6 Tbsp butter - softened
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg and 1 egg white
• 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup International Delight White Chocolate Raspberry creamer
• 1/2 cup + 2Tbsp (for later) WB Raspberry Vanilla Vodka Infused Coffee - brewed strong
• 1/8 cup Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka

Filling:
•6 oz fresh raspberries - cut into 8ths
• 1 Tbsp granulated sugar

Frosting:
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 Tbsp very soft sweet cream butter
• 6 heaping Tbsp powdered sugar
• 5 Tbsp Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka

What To Do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line 12 cupcake cups with your favorite liners.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In another bowl combine creamer, coffee and vodka.
5. Add flour and cream mixtures to butter mixture alternating dry to wet. Combine well.
6. Scoop into cupcake tins filling 2/3 of the way. Bake for 17-20 minutes, turning half way.
7. While cupcakes are baking, make the filling. Combine raspberries and sugar in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until the cupcakes are ready to be filled.
8. Remove from oven and brush with 2 Tbsp of extra coffee.
9. Let cool in tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to counter or wire rack. Let cool completely.
10. While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Whip the heavy whipping cream into stiff peaks.
11. Cream butter separately then add to whipped cream and mix very very thoroughly.
12. Mix in powdered sugar. Add more or less to your taste. I like my frosting very sweet.
13. Mix in Vodka. Add more or less to your taste.
14. Chill frosting until you are ready to use it. Right before use, whip until stiff peaks form again. It will melt some and deflate the first time you mix it. Add more sugar if you need to thicken it up.
15. Core cupcakes. Set the cores aside in a bowl for a yummy snack later (mix with left over filling and frosting - yum!)
16. Fill the centers with the raspberries. Try not to use too much juice. Save the juice to drizzle on top of the finished cupcakes.
17. Frost with whipped cream. Decorate and drizzle with raspberry juice.
18. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment