My Adventures With Moo And Noodle

My Adventures With Moo And Noodle
Raising two boys, baking fabulous cupcakes, creating amazing meals for my family and making memories every day! Welcome to my crazy life!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Pockets ... Say What?!?!

Ever have one of those moments when you are standing in you kitchen, leaning on the open door of your refrigerator, staring at the shelves of food, wondering what to make for dinner and suddenly what you had planed just sounds terrible? So you grab a few random things and throw them together and pray that they taste halfway decent. And have you ever had one of those moments when what you were crossing your fingers about even being edible turns out to be outstandingly amazing? This was one of those moments.
I was tired of grilled chicken and plain old BBQ chicken and needed something new that my kids might actually eat. I had heard that you could use root beer and BBQ sauce together and it's supposed to be amazing. But all I had was Dr. Pepper, so I grabbed that. I grabbed my husbands favorite BBQ sauce and some pepper jack cheese next. It was starting to sound good now. My 2.5 year old son is very picky now, but if it has a breeding or crust he is usually all over it. So I grabbed the can of crescent rolls I had too. Now I had everything I needed and I gave it a try. Not only did my family love the new Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Pockets, they were quick and easy too. Any mom's dream. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!

Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken Crescents

What you need:
•1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls - 8 count
•2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
•1/2 can of Dr. Pepper soda
•2 cups Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
•1 cup or so shredded pepper jack cheese

What To Do:
1. Marinate chicken in Dr. Pepper in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
2. Bake chicken at 375 for 40min (covered for 30 / uncovered for 10)
3. Shred chicken and mix with the baking juices.
4. Unroll crescent rolls and flatten slightly.
5. Fill with a scoop of chicken and cheese and pinch dough together to create a pocket.
6. Bake at 400 for 10-15min until golden.
7. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment